Fashion and the sports culture continue to merge more and more, as it was exemplified in 2018 across all major sports. Here are the Top 10 Spikes of 2018...
10. Bryce Harper's Roberto Clemente Inspired Customs by SolesBySir.
To incorporate history and swagger into an in-game mix is always awesome. These cleats are gorgeous.
9. Joc Pedersen's Custom Print Alpha Huarache Elite 2 PEs (via WhatProsWear)
A clean 'street' vibe to Chavez Ravine never hurt anybody. Yung Joc plays with swagger and also dresses the part.
8. Wilson Ramos' Custom Jordan 11's by KD Custom Kicks (via WhatProsWear)
These colorful and unique customs were made for Ramos to use in the 2018 All-Star Game, and boy, they are SICK!
7. Bryce Harper's Custom Vans Inspired Underamour Cleats by SolesBySir.
A classic. Vans are always super sick, but the mix of UA and Vans by SolesBySir brought a smile to my face, as a lifelong lover of Vans and baseball.
6. Billy Hamilton's Louis Vuitton x Adidas Baseball Afterburners by SkiCustoms (via WhatProsWear)
These joints speak for themselves. Beautiful. Sleek. Drip. Looking forward to 2019 and seeing more custom 3 stripes gear.
5. Giancarlo Stanton's Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 2 PEs GOLD (via WhatProsWear)
Big G brought out these extremely clean spikes in a hostile series vs. the Yankees biggest rival at Fenway. The navy blue and gold mix look so smooth.
4. Yuli Gurriel's Trout 5's with Custom Colorway (via WhatProsWear)
Yuli made some custom colorway additions to the Trout 5's and they came out GORGEOUS.
3. Blake Snell's Nike Customs by PleadThe5th Customs (via WhatProsWear)
Unknown if Snell wore these in-game or not, but nonetheless, he'll always have these jet black beauties on display somewhere. The 'Devil Rays' throwback colorway is always one of my favorites.
2. Mookie Betts' Custom MVP Jordan 9s (via ReconBeatLab by way of WhatProsWear)
These. Are. Insane. TOO CLEAN.
1. Alex Katz (White Sox Prospect) Custom PF Flyers by KD Custom Kicks (via WhatProsWear)
Katz, a ChiSox prospect and his buddy Anthony Delucia are the minds behind the incredibly unique and fresh KD customs that we see all around the league. Katz had these PF Flyers during the 2018 season and they are just an all time favorite for me, and with the custom design added, they are easy #1.